If you’re looking to learn more about Starbucks Pineapple Matcha, you’re in the right place! This delicious and refreshing beverage is a blend of premium matcha green tea, sweet pineapple flavors, and creamy coconut milk. It’s the perfect choice for a sunny afternoon pick-me-up or a refreshing treat on a hot summer day.
Why would you like this drink?
Get ready to fall in love with this amazing drink! A pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks is perfect for those hot summer days when you need something refreshing to quench your thirst. But that’s not all there is to love about this drink.
- Matcha, the primary ingredient in this drink, contains caffeine which can be a great mood booster. It’s an ideal option for those who need a caffeine boost but are trying to avoid coffee. Additionally, matcha tends to be easier on the stomach and has fewer side effects than coffee.
- If you’re worried about the sugar content of Starbucks’ version, you’ll be happy to know that the homemade version contains much less sugar. In the Starbucks version, every component of the drink is sweetened – the matcha, coconut milk, and syrup. But with the homemade version, there’s no need to make pineapple or ginger syrup. Fresh pineapple juice is used to give the drink a sweet and tangy taste that’s sure to delight your taste buds.
- Making this drink at home is a breeze, with only four simple ingredients and just a few minutes of your time. Simply add all the ingredients to a shaker, shake with ice, and pour over ice in a tall glass. The simplicity is what makes this drink so amazing!
- And finally, for those who follow a vegan diet, you’ll be happy to know that this drink is made with coconut milk and is completely dairy-free. So go ahead and indulge in this delicious beverage without any guilt.
Overall, iced pineapple matcha is a perfect choice for anyone looking for a refreshing and healthy beverage that’s easy to make and tastes amazing!
This refreshing beverage is a relatively new addition to the Starbucks menu, first introduced in the summer of 2021. There is not much historical information available about this specific drink recipe.
However, matcha, the primary ingredient in this drink, has a long and rich history. Matcha originated in China over a thousand years ago and was brought to Japan by Zen Buddhist monks in the 12th century. It has been an integral part of Japanese culture for centuries, used in tea ceremonies and enjoyed for its health benefits.
In recent years, matcha has gained popularity in the Western world, and Starbucks has been at the forefront of this trend, offering various matcha drinks on their menu. The addition of pineapple to the mix is a unique twist on the classic matcha flavor, providing a refreshing and tropical twist to the drink.
What are the ingredients in a pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks?
If you’re curious about the ingredients in Pineapple Matcha, we’ve got you covered! This tasty beverage is made up of a few key components that come together to create a refreshing and tropical flavor profile.
Overall, these five ingredients come together to create a unique and refreshing beverage that’s perfect for anyone looking for a little taste of the tropics. So whether you’re a fan of matcha green tea or just love the flavor of pineapple and coconut, be sure to give Pineapple Matcha a try!
Matcha Green Tea Powder
The key ingredient to this drink, fresh matcha powder will provide the best flavor and a bright green color to your drink. Old tea powder will have less flavor and a dull green color.
What to replace: If you don’t have matcha powder, you can substitute it with green tea, but you won’t get the same vivid green color.
This gives the drink (copycat recipe) a fruity flavor that complements the matcha perfectly. However, the original Starbucks recipe uses pineapple syrup/pineapple ginger syrup for added pineapple and ginger flavor.
I used ginger powder in this recipe to save time, but feel free to use fresh ginger or ginger root if you prefer. You can use pineapple ginger syrup or ginger juice.
It’s the secret ingredient that adds a silky richness and creaminess to the drink. Coconut milk beverage works better than canned coconut milk, which contains solid chunky lumps of some white stuff.
What to replace: If you don’t like coconut milk, you can try subbing it with soy milk or almond milk, but note that it changes the flavor quite a bit. We recommend trying coconut milk first, as it tastes amazing.
This recipe calls for simple syrup, which is easy to mix. However, you can also use pineapple syrup or any other syrup you have on hand.
What to replace: Alternatively, you can substitute honey or sugar. For a healthier option, you can use Stevia instead.
Pro Tip: To ensure your matcha powder stays fresh, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight, light-tight container.
|Ingredients||Quantity for 1 serving||Quantity for 2 servings||Quantity for 3 servings|
|Pineapple juice||1/3 cup||2/3 cup||1 cup|
|Coconut milk||1 1/2 cups||3 cups||4 1/2 cups|
|Matcha green tea powder||1 1/2 teaspoons||3 teaspoons||4 1/2 teaspoons|
|Ginger powder||1/4 teaspoon||1/2 teaspoon||3/4 teaspoon|
|Simple syrup or honey||2-3 tablespoons||4-6 tablespoons||6-9 tablespoons|
|Ice cubes||as needed||as needed||as needed|
To make two servings of Pineapple drink, double the quantity of ingredients listed in the table. For three servings, triple the quantity of ingredients.
How can I make Pineapple Matcha at home (Starbucks copycat recipes)?
Step 1: Mix the Matcha and Juice
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons of matcha tea powder, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder, and 1/3 cup of fresh pineapple juice until the powder is fully dissolved. To make it happen faster, stir the ingredients with the bamboo whisk.
Step 2: Mix the Coconut Milk and Pineapple Juice
In a large pitcher, combine 1 1/2 cups of non-sweetened, full-fat coconut milk with the remaining 2/3 cup of pineapple juice. Mix well.
Step 3: Add the Matcha Mixture to the Coconut Milk and Pineapple Juice
Pour the matcha and pineapple juice mixture into the large pitcher. Mix well until fully combined.
Step 4: Add Simple Syrup or Honey to Taste
Add 2-3 tablespoons of simple syrup or honey to the pitcher and mix well. Adjust sweetness to taste by adding more or less syrup or honey.
Step 5: Add Ice cubes and Serve
Fill a tall glass with ice and pour the Pineapple Matcha mixture over the ice. Serve immediately and enjoy your homemade Pineapple Matcha drink!
Note: This Starbucks copycat recipes makes one serving. For two servings, double the quantities of all ingredients. For three servings, triple the quantities of all ingredients.
Save your recipe card so you don’t lose it =)
- To make the tea powder and ginger powder dissolve well, first mix them with a small amount of pineapple juice. Be sure to mix well so that no powder lumps are left in the mixture.
- Adjust the amount of matcha tea powder to achieve the desired color of the drink. You can make it lighter or darker depending on your preference.
- If you don’t like fine white particles in your drink, strain the mixture through gauze or a coffee filter before adding the syrup.
- The sweetness of the pineapple green tea drink can be adjusted to your liking. Start with a small amount of syrup or sugar, taste and gradually add more until you get the perfect subtle touch.
What is the best way to store a cooked pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks? Can I make this drink up to 24 hours before the guests arrive?
Although you may be tempted to prepare this drink in advance, it is better not to do so, as the taste may not be as fresh and vibrant as when freshly prepared. Because of the separation problem, the drink does not store well, so it is not recommended to prepare it in advance, only in the morning for the day.
If you make the drink ahead of time, you will likely have to re-shake it in the cocktail shaker or blend it each time, negating the purpose of making it ahead of time.
In order for the flavors of the drink to reach their peak, it’s best to prepare it a few hours before serving. However, you can prepare the ingredients in advance and assemble and mix the drink in the cocktail shaker just before serving to save time.
Are there any variations or modifications I can make to the recipe?
Yes, there are a few variations and modifications you can make to the Starbucks Pineapple Matcha recipe to suit your taste preferences. Here are some ideas:
- Add fresh ginger instead of ginger powder or pineapple ginger syrup or ginger juice for a stronger ginger flavor.
- Use honey instead of simple syrup to sweeten the drink.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to give the drink a tangy twist.
- Swap out the pineapple juice for mango or orange juice for a different tropical flavor.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract for a hint of sweetness.
- Use light coconut milk instead of full-fat coconut milk to reduce the calorie and fat content.
- Add a shot of vodka or rum to turn this into a cocktail.
Remember, these are just suggestions, and you can get creative and experiment with different flavors to find what works best for you.
What are the health benefits or drawbacks of drinking Starbucks Pineapple Matcha?
Pineapple drink from the famous Starbucks coffee house contains several health benefits and a few drawbacks, depending on how it is prepared.
- Matcha tea powder contains antioxidants, which may help to protect the body against free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Matcha also contains caffeine, which can provide an energy boost and improve mental alertness.
- Coconut milk is a good source of healthy fats, which may help to reduce inflammation and improve heart health.
- The juice of pineapple contains vitamin C and bromelain, which may help to improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
- The Starbucks version of the drink contains a significant amount of added sugar, which can contribute to weight gain and other health problems.
- If prepared with sweetened coconut milk and additional syrup, the homemade version can also be high in added sugar.
- While matcha contains caffeine, it may not be suitable for individuals who are sensitive to caffeine or who need to limit their intake.
Overall, when prepared with minimal added sugar and consumed in moderation, Pineapple drink from the famous Starbucks coffee house can be a refreshing and healthy beverage option.
The caloric content of Starbucks pineapple matcha drink and what does it depend on? How do you reduce the caloric content? |nutrition information|
A pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks is a refreshing drink made with matcha tea powder, pineapple, ginger (or pineapple ginger syrup), coconut milk, and ice. The caloric content of a iced pineapple matcha can vary depending on the size and the type of milk used.
For example, a grande-sized (16 oz) serving made with coconut milk has approximately 230 calories, while the same size with almond milk has around 150 calories. A venti-sized (24 oz) serving made with coconut milk can have up to 350 calories, while the same size with almond milk has approximately 240 calories.
Here’s a table comparing the calorie content of Pineapple drink in Starbucks in different sizes and milk options:
|Size||Coconut Milk||Almond Milk|
|Tall (12 oz)||150 calories||100 calories|
|Grande (16 oz)||230 calories||150 calories|
|Venti (24 oz)||350 calories||240 calories|
To reduce the caloric content of a A pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks , there are a few options. Firstly, you can ask for fewer pumps of the syrup that is added to the drink to sweeten it, or request a sugar-free alternative. Additionally, you can ask for the drink to be made with non-fat milk, which will decrease the amount of fat and calories in the drink. Finally, you can ask for less coconut milk or almond milk, which will also reduce the caloric content.
It’s important to note that while reducing the caloric content of a drink can be helpful for those watching their calorie intake, it’s also important to consider the nutritional value of the drink.
Matcha green tea powder contains antioxidants and other beneficial compounds, while pineapple is a good source of vitamin C and ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. So, while reducing the calories in a Matcha drink can be beneficial, it’s important to consider the overall nutritional value of the drink as well.
More Starbucks copycat recipes:
- Starbucks peach green tea lemonade recipe
- 10 Best Starbucks matcha drinks
- Starbucks Irish cream cold brew recipe
- Starbucks snowman cookie recipe
- Starbucks drinks for kids
The caffeine content of Starbucks pineapple matcha. How can you reduce and increase the amount of caffeine? Is it possible to make this drink without the caffeine content?
A pineapple drink with matcha from Starbucks contains caffeine due to the presence of tea powder, which is made from ground tea leaves and contains caffeine. The caffeine content of a Starbucks Pineapple drink can vary depending on the size and the amount of matcha powder used.
A grande-sized (16 oz) serving contains approximately 80 milligrams of caffeine, while a venti-sized (24 oz) serving can have up to 120 milligrams of caffeine. Keep in mind that the actual caffeine content may vary based on factors such as the strength of the matcha powder used and any modifications made to the recipe.
Here’s a table comparing the caffeine content of matcha drink in different sizes:
|Tall (12 oz)||55 mg|
|Grande (16 oz)||80 mg|
|Venti (24 oz)||120 mg|
Keep in mind that the actual caffeine content may vary based on factors such as the strength of the matcha powder used and any modifications made to the recipe. Additionally, caffeine sensitivity can vary from person to person, so it’s always a good idea to listen to your body and consume caffeine in moderation.
If you’re looking to reduce the caffeine content of your iced pineapple matcha drink, you can ask for less matcha powder to be used in the drink. Alternatively, you could ask for half-caf or decaf espresso shots to be added to the drink instead of the matcha powder, which would significantly reduce the amount of caffeine.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to increase the caffeine content of your pineapple drink, you can ask for an extra shot of matcha powder to be added to the drink. Keep in mind, however, that this may also affect the flavor and texture of the drink.
It is not possible to make a Pineapple drink without any caffeine content, as the matcha green tea powder used in the recipe naturally contains caffeine. However, you could ask for a decaf version of the drink by substituting the matcha powder with decaf espresso shots, or by asking for a different decaf tea or herbal infusion to be used instead.
Comparison of drinks with the addition of matcha from Starbucks Coffeehouse
Why choose this drink over other iced matcha lattes?
Sure, here’s a comparison of iced pineapple matcha drink with other popular Starbucks drinks that contain matcha:
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte: This beverage is made with green tea powder, milk, and sweetener. A grande-sized (16 oz) made with 2% milk contains approximately 120 calories and 80 mg of caffeine, making it similar in calorie and caffeine content to a grande-sized Pineapple drink.
- Matcha Lemonade: beverage is made with green tea powder, lemonade, and water. A grande-sized (16 oz) contains approximately 130 calories and 55 mg of caffeine, making it slightly higher in calories but lower in caffeine content.
- Matcha Frappuccino: beverage is made with green tea powder, milk, sweetener, and ice, blended into a frozen drink. A grande-sized (16 oz) made with 2% milk and whipped cream contains approximately 370 calories and 95 mg of caffeine, making it higher in both calories and caffeine content.
In terms of calorie and caffeine content, the iced pineapple matcha drink falls in the middle of the range of matcha-containing drinks offered by Starbucks. It’s worth noting that the nutritional value and flavor of each drink can vary based on the specific recipe and modifications made.
Here’s a table comparing the calorie and caffeine content:
|Pineapple Matcha||Grande (16 oz)||230||80 mg|
|Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte||Grande (16 oz)||120||80 mg|
|Matcha Lemonade||Grande (16 oz)||130||55 mg|
|Matcha Frappuccino||Grande (16 oz)||370||95 mg|
Keep in mind that the calorie and caffeine content can vary depending on the exact recipe and modifications made. Additionally, it’s important to consider the nutritional value and overall balance of your diet when making choices about what to drink.
Can I order a custom version of Starbucks Pineapple Matcha with different ingredients or adjustments?
Yes, you can definitely customize your iced pineapple matcha drink to your liking. For example, you could ask for:
-Different milk: If you are lactose intolerant or prefer a different type of milk, you can ask for soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk instead of coconut milk. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor of the drink.
-Adjusted sweetness: If you prefer your drink less sweet, you can ask for fewer pumps of simple syrup or ask for no syrup at all. Alternatively, if you have a sweet tooth, you can ask for extra syrup.
-Extra matcha: If you really love the flavor of matcha, you can ask for an extra scoop or two.
-No ginger: If you’re not a fan of ginger, you can ask for no ginger powder or ask for a different type of flavoring. Can use pineapple ginger syrup.
Remember, the baristas at Starbucks are there to help you customize your drink to your preferences, so don’t be afraid to ask for adjustments. Just keep in mind that some customizations may incur an additional charge.
Is Starbucks Pineapple Matcha available year-round, or is it a limited-time offer?
Iced pineapple matcha drink is a limited time offer and may not be available year round. However, the availability of this drink may vary depending on the location of the Starbucks store. You can find out if this drink is currently available at your local Starbucks store or on the Starbucks website.
If it is not available, you can always ask if they have other similar drinks or if they can make a custom drink for you with similar ingredients. Better yet, make it your own at home =) In fact, I made detailed instructions 😉
What other drinks or foods pair well with Starbucks Pineapple Matcha?
There are a variety of food and drink options that pair well with iced pineapple matcha drink. Some sweet treats that complement the fruity and creamy flavor of the drink include a butter croissant, blueberry muffin, or lemon loaf. For a more savory option, a breakfast sandwich or spinach feta wrap can provide a satisfying balance.
Additionally, if you’re looking for another drink to pair with your Pineapple drink, you may want to consider a cold brew or iced latte. These drinks can help refresh your palate and provide a satisfying contrast to the tropical flavors of the Pineapple drink. Overall, the best pairing depends on your personal preferences, so feel free to experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect match.
- Taro Lavender Latte: A Unique and Delicious Beverage - June 30, 2023
- What Does Pine Needle Tea Taste Like: Exploring the Flavors of Nature - June 21, 2023
- A Guide to Pumpkin Masala Latte: Discover the Spiced Delight - May 28, 2023