This recipe is perfect for those who love to indulge in delicious drinks. Iced coffee made with plain Irish cream syrup, cold vanilla-sweetened whipped cream, and cocoa powder. This drink is a Starbucks seasonal favorite. It is a favorite of nearly all of my friends.
Each year, I look forward to the announcement of Starbucks’ holiday menu. If you’re looking for a special treat, Starbucks has a great cold brew recipe, Irish Cream Cold Tea.
It’s great to visit Starbucks and immerse yourself in its culture. It’s equally fun and exciting to make classic coffee drinks at home like the pumpkin custard iced beverage. This recipe is incredibly delicious, I can tell you that!
Starbucks Irish cream cold brew recipe: what is this drink and why is it so popular?
For those who wish to treat themselves to a chilled hot chocolate with a cappuccino, this is the perfect option. However, if you don’t prefer iced coffee all year round, you may flavor almost any beverage with homemade Irish Cream Syrup. Of course, Starbucks also offers a variety of different beverages. For instance, if you inquire, warm Irish cream lattes and Irish cream americanos are both very popular!
The first batch of Starbucks’ Irish Cream Cold Brew was made available in December 2019 as a holiday beverage. Erin Marinan, a product developer at Starbucks, created it. She was motivated by fond recollections of creating homemade Irish cream with her family and giving it to loved ones as gifts throughout the holidays.
What does Irish cream taste like?
This cool beverage is light and sweet with notes of vanilla, almond, and light chocolate.
Why you will adore it is as follows:
- Irish Cream Cold Beer from Starbucks is available year-round.
- With Irish cream syrup and vanilla whipped cream, strong cold cocktails can be enjoyed, but they shouldn’t be overly sweet.
- In a matter of seconds, vanilla cream can be prepared.
- To save time, you can create cold beverages at home or freeze them.
- By including Baileys or Irish Whiskey, it can be transformed into a coffee beverage.
What’s in the Starbucks Irish cream cold brew: what ingredients and equipment are needed?
You simply need a saucepan or other kitchen items for boiling and foam to create this drink at home, however you can skip it (I’ll get into this in more detail later).
The components of Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Coffee are as follows: brewed coffee, ice, cold milk, chocolate powder, and Irish cream (cream, vanilla syrup, and irish cream syrup).
Irish Cream Syrup should first be made. You can buy it in bottles from reputable syrup producers or make your own. Irish cream has a strong vanilla and chocolate flavor and is rich and creamy.
It can be used with coffee, cold foam, or sweet cream. For a wonderful caffeine boost in the morning and the afternoon, combine cold foam syrup with sweet cream.
Heavy cold cream
Sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream are combined to create foam. The heavy cream must be chilled for iced coffee in order to maintain its shape.
A wonderful choice for sweetening and thickening cold-cream foam is powdered sugar.
Use vanilla paste to flavor your cold lather. You can use 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in place of the vanilla paste if you don’t have any.
Liquid Irish Cream
The peculiar flavor of this cold beverage comes from the Irish Cream Syrup. I use several pumps of it every day in my daily coffee beverage; it arrived in a bottle. Additionally, you can produce your own Irish Cream Syrup.
Iced espresso is used to make this coffee beverage. The subtle yet potent chocolate flavor of coffee works well with sweet syrup or cream.
Use any type of ice to keep your coffee drink cold. Instead of crushed ice, we advise using cubed ice. Coffee with ice in it will melt more quickly and become waterier.
Cocoa powder has been added to this delightful beverage!
Homemade Irish Coffee Sorup & Cream
Making homemade irish cream syrup is something I love to make for my coffee. Simple syrups are made with a 1:1 ratio sugar to water. You can then add flavor to your syrup! Irish Cream is a cream with subtle chocolate and vanilla notes.
You can make approximately 10 ounces of Irish Cream Syrup by adding 1 Cup sugar to 1 Cup water. In a saucepan, bring the water to boil. Then, add the sugar. Once the sugar is melted, add the vanilla extract, almond extract, and cocoa powder.
Mix the syrup well to remove any lumps of cocoa powder. Let the syrup cool completely.
Once the delicious irish cream syrup has cooled you can pour it into the syrup containers. If the cocoa powder is still lumpy, strain it into glasses. Now it’s ready to use!
This can be used in your coffee homemade version, for dessert toppings or for pancakes up to 1 oz
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 glass of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
Bring water, sugar, and salt to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then stir in vanilla, almond extract, and cocoa powder. Mix everything together until it is well combined. Keep it in a glass container.
How to make Starbucks Irish Cream chilled beer at home: Starbucks copycat recipe
Combine cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla paste (or extract) in a bowl. To whip the cream to soft peaks, use an immersion blender or hand mixer. For a single batch, it will take about one minute. However, for larger batches of cream, it can take up to five minutes.
Make tall, chilled glasses by adding ice cubes and two tablespoons Irish Cream Syrup to the mixture.
Fill a glass with cold coffee and let it cool to 3/4.
You should pour the cold whipped cream into the glass until it is full.
Enjoy your cocoa powder-sprinkled glasses!
How to make cold espresso at home
While you can buy bottled iced coffee at the grocery store, it is possible to make your own with just 1-2-3.
- Mixing coffee with water: First, combine the coffee grounds and water in a saucepan. General Ratio: 1 cup of coarsely ground coffee for every 4 cups of cold filtered water.
- Let the coffee cool in the fridge overnight. After the water and coffee have been mixed, put the pitcher in the refrigerator. If the coffee was brewed in the morning, allow it to cool in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Serve the coffee grounds. You can dilute your coffee with 4 cups of cold water or less depending on how strong you like it.
What is Irish cream cold foam made of?
The texture of cold foam Irish cream is sweet and velvety. It is similar to melted vanilla ice cream. It’s a mix of heavy cream, Irish cream syrup and 2% milk. The mixture is combined to make a thick cream that can be added to cold brew coffee.
Make A Cold Foam Of Sweet Cream
Make sweet cream cold foam by combining milk, heavy cream and powdered sugar. Stir in a little Irish cream syrup. Froze the mixture with a hand mixer for 20-30 seconds until it reaches the desired thickness.
Some Recipe Tips
- Use cold heavy cream to make a creamy foam that stays put. Let it cool in the fridge for at least 10 mins.
- An immersion blender is my preferred method for whipping cream. However, a hand mixer can be used. If you make a small batch of cream, it takes around one minute to achieve a fluffy texture. It can take up to five minutes to get the foamy texture.
- You can buy plain iced coffee bottles in most grocery stores. I make my own iced espresso (see my instructions in How to Make Iced Coffee).
- Pro tip: Before you serve your glasses, chill them in the freezer for at most 10 minutes. Iced coffee will stay cold in a cold glass, and whipped cream will retain its creamy texture.
Variations perfect drink
There are so many options for cold brew coffee and cream! Here are some flavor pairing suggestions. Get creative and make your own.
- Amaretto: Add amaretto to a chilled drink, and garnish it with vanilla sweet cream.
- Kalua: You can add a small amount of Kalua to any cold beverage. Garnish with vanilla sweet cream, or chocolate sweet cream.
- Grand Marnier: Add one scoop of Grand Marnier and vanilla sweet cream to a cold beverage.
- Hazelnut Irish: Mix Baileys and Frangelico to make an Irish cream and garnish it with vanilla sweet cream.
Freezing and storage
- You can store leftover cold drinks in a glass jug in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also store cold whipped cream in the fridge, but it will lose its shape after one day. We recommend making a fresh batch with every serving.
- Freezing: Cold coffee can be frozen up to 3 months. Once thawed, it can then be served. The cream should not be frozen as it will lose its consistency and shape once thawed.
You can increase the shelf life by adding 1/4 teaspoon of citric acids to cream syrup. This will allow it to last up to six months in an airtight container. A 2 to 1 sugar-to-water ratio is another option. This rich syrup has enough sugar that it can prevent bacterial growth for as long as six months.
You may also be interested in other Starbucks recipes:
- Starbucks drinks for kids
- Chocolate Cake Pops Starbucks Recipe
- Starbucks Blueberry Scones Recipe
- Starbucks snowman cookie recipe
- Starbucks grilled cheese recipe
This replica of Starbucks Irish Creamy Cold Drink is so delicious you’ll want to drink it in the winter. Irish cream complements the cold Starbucks drink with hints of chocolate. This makes it even tastier. Coffee and chocolate are two of the most popular pairings.
This festive drink is made with homemade Irish Cream Chocolate Syrup, which is added to a cold drink and then topped with vanilla sweet cream (cold, cloudy foam) to make it creamier. Finally, sprinkle the entire mixture with cocoa powder.
FAQ about Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Bew
What’s in Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew?
This amazing drink, which you will surely love, is made with ingredients such as cold brew coffee, sweet vanilla cold milk, and cocoa powder, and, of course, the irreplaceable ingredient – Irish Cream Simple Syrup.
What does Irish cream taste like at Starbucks?
This drink is reminiscent of Irish Cream Iced Coffee, which also has a touch of Bailey’s Liqueur and an incredible cold cream.
Can I make Vegan Cold Irish Custard?
Oh sure! You can also enjoy a vegan drink. In this case, it is worth making some substitutions in the ingredient list. Namely, replace milk cream with coconut cream.
You can also make cold foam from coconut cream, but it will take some time. The resulting coconut cream, I recommend to insist in the refrigerator for at least 8-10 hours.
I also want to give some recommendations for making such a drink in a vegan version: whipping coconut cream into a strong foam will take more time. This is unlikely to work without the use of an immersion blender, hand mixer, or hand mixer.
What should I do if I don’t have a foam builder?
You can also use a manual frother to make sweet cream. Just place all the ingredients in a small bowl and shake the mixture until it thickens. The manual frother makes sweet cream that looks more like Starbucks sweet cream.
IS THIS DRINK HOT?
If you do not want to drink a chilled drink, then you can safely make a hot version. In this case, you can use hot coffee instead of cold brew. Add Irish cream syrup and sweetened cream froth to hot coffee and add some cocoa powder.
Is Irish Cream Cold Brew alcoholic?
Irish Cream Cold Brew is made without the use of alcoholic ingredients. It is made from cold brew coffee and a simple Irish cream syrup.
But, if you want to spice up your drink or try something new, you can add Bailey’s or an Irish whiskey like Jameson. This will add sultriness to the drink.
- Taro Lavender Latte: A Unique and Delicious Beverage - June 30, 2023
- What Does Pine Needle Tea Taste Like: Exploring the Flavors of Nature - June 21, 2023
- A Guide to Pumpkin Masala Latte: Discover the Spiced Delight - May 28, 2023