Recently, as the weather turned colder, our family stayed at home. My kids offered to make their favorite blueberry baked scones, just like in Starbucks, when I said I was craving something yummy.
I’ll now reveal the Starbucks blueberry scones recipe I used and how I modified it for use in my own kitchen. You’ll be shocked to learn that it’s really not that difficult.
I researched the information provided by other food bloggers before I started cooking. I want to mention that I discovered a few recipes I had written down and immediately decided to put them to use! I will thus provide you with numerous preparation methods for this blueberry perfection today.
These blueberry tortillas, which are inspired by Starbucks, are prepared with oat milk and Greek yogurt and have a soft, flaky core and buttery golden crunchy rims. Each tortilla melts on your tongue and is covered with a delicate lemon glaze. It is loaded with juicy, fresh blueberries.
How Do Starbucks Blueberry Scones Work?
American cookies and scones are both pastries. Flour, oil, baking powder, and milk are the key ingredients, along with a minor amount of sugar. Fruit is used to sweeten the buns, and either glaze or whipped cream is spread on each bite.
Why Are These Starbucks Blueberry Scones So Delicious?
To start, they are domestic animals. In my opinion, nothing compares to handmade food!
These flatbreads are smooth and buttery with crumbling borders, and real blueberries have a richer flavor than the dried blueberries at Starbucks.
The Finest Homemade Starbucks Blueberry Scones
These blueberry muffins transport me instantly to my early years when we frequently stayed at Starbucks when traveling. You may have the ideal breakfast by combining them with this replica of Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew.
They are crumbly, flaky, and somewhat akin to a cookie, just like Starbucks buns. They have a lot of blueberries and are not overly sweet. This homemade blueberry muffin recipe is BETTER than the one from Starbucks if you check it out.
These buns will be a hit with everyone and are ideal for any occasion! When I prepared them for my friends, they only lasted 45 minutes before they all vanished since they are so soft, moist, and crumbly.
The best thing about these homemade blueberry buns is that you can create them without any special baking tools. They may be prepared in less than 40 minutes, even by a novice baker!
Option 1: Intoxicating Lemon Glazed Starbucks Blueberry Scones. You’ll Go Crazy Making This Recipe!
I was interested in this Starbucks blueberry tortilla recipe because it substitutes Greek yogurt for the usual cream. Everything I required for this and the conventional method was in my refrigerator (with cream). Let’s begin with a more intriguing dish that makes use of Greek yogurt.
Why This Blueberry Scone Recipe Will Be Popular
- Better than the blueberry muffins from Starbucks; really soft, moist, and flaky.
- Fresh blueberries that will explode in your mouth are inside of them.
- Greek yogurt and oat milk are used to make these muffins!
Because lemon and blueberries go so well together, this dish has a light lemon flavor, is ready in under 40 minutes, and requires no special cooking equipment.
Ideal for snacks, breakfast, brunch, and dessert. For more sweetness, drizzle a simple lemon glaze on top.
Ingredients For Lemon Glazed Blueberry Scones Recipe
These delightfully moist, buttery blueberry muffins may be made with just a few simple baking materials. Greek yogurt, milk, fresh blueberries, lemon, and flour are all necessary ingredients. To get you started, here is a list of ingredients:
Imitation Lemon Glazed Starbucks blueberry scones:
- Oat milk: The greatest creamy alternative to cow’s milk is oat milk. To produce healthy homemade buttermilk, add lemon juice.
- You will need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, leveled with a spoon.
- Baking powder will aid in the buns’ rising. You do indeed require a tablespoon. There is no recipe error here.
- Just a sprinkle of salt has a sweet and salty flavor.
- Butter: 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter are all that is required. In order to prepare the most fluffy homemade cakes, we shall “cut” them in flour.
- The key ingredient in my Starbucks blueberry tortillas that keeps them so moist and flaky is Greek yogurt. Use Greek yogurt that is 2% or 5%.
- Honey: For a little sweetness, only 2 teaspoons of honey are required. These buns were organically sweetened with real blueberries!
- Lemon: To produce buttermilk from oat milk, you’ll need fresh lemon juice. You’ll also need some zest for the rolls.
- Blueberries: Blueberries explode in your mouth after baking! These flatbreads get the most natural sweetness from them because they are very juicy. Although I used fresh blueberries, you may easily use frozen ones.
Optional lemon glaze:
- Powdered Sugar: Feel free to top Starbucks blueberry buns with my homemade lemon frosting. Along with other ingredients, powdered sugar is required. ½ cup
- Milk: For the glaze, you can use oat, cow, almond, or cashew milk. 2 teaspoons
- Vanilla extract: for improved flavor, add a little vanilla extract. one teaspoon
- Lemon: For flavor, you’ll need to add some lemon juice last. one teaspoon
Kitchen Tools Are Necessary For Homemade Blueberry Scones
These blueberry muffins that resemble those from Starbucks may be made with only a few kitchen tools. This is the list:
Parchment, a baking sheet, and a mixing dish Tools for measuring: 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup, 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, and 1/2 teaspoon.
How To Create Starbucks Blueberry Scones At Home
The recipe for these buttery, flaky blueberry buns couldn’t be simpler. You can prepare them in just a few simple steps, and you won’t need to spend more than 40 minutes in the kitchen. Here are detailed instructions with illustrations for your convenience:
Turn on the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine lemon juice and oat milk. While you prepare the rest, allow it to sit for at least five minutes. This is how I make buttermilk that’s good for you.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a sizable bowl. Next, incorporate the butter chopped into the flour by using a cookie cutter or pressing each piece of butter between your fingers. You require parts of various sizes (some large and some pea-sized). Place the dough in the refrigerator for 5 minutes if it ever feels warm.
The Greek yogurt, honey, oat milk-buttermilk mixture, and blueberries should be added after the butter has been diced. Using a rubber spatula, fold in all the ingredients as you stir the dough. Don’t accidentally rupture the blueberries.
The dough should be shaggy and the bottom of the bowl should contain some dry flour. Turn everything out onto a surface that has been lightly dusted with flour, and then carefully form everything into a single dough ball.
The dough is rolled out into a round. Keep your pressure moderate. After that, divide in half and lay the two halves on top of one another.
Afterward, fold the parts into a circle. Flatten this circle to a thickness of 1.5 to 2 inches. Into 8 equal triangles, cut (see the picture in the post above for reference). Put on a baking sheet with parchment paper. After applying oat milk, top with coarse sugar.
Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are brown and the centers are fluffy.
Lastly, prepare the extra lemon frosting by combining all the ingredients; if it’s too runny, add 2-4 more tablespoons of powdered sugar. Let the buns cool while you do this. As soon as the buns are COMPLETELY cool, drizzle over them.
Enjoy these Starbucks-style blueberry buns that are incredibly flaky, juicy, and buttery!
Blueberry scones are the perfect accompaniment to delicious teas like rosehip tea.
If you love to cook copycat of Starbucks recipes, then I recommend paying attention to:
- Starbucks snowman cookie recipe
- Starbucks grilled cheese recipe
- Starbucks Irish cream cold brew recipe
Expert Advice On Baking Homemade Buns That Are Moist And Puffy
- Here is a list of my suggestions, whether you’re a novice baker or simply seeking for advice from professionals on how to create the ideal flaky and moist buns.
- Accurate flour measurement. To prevent adding too much flour, be sure to spoon it in and distribute it evenly. Your tortillas will be dry if you pour flour into measuring cups.
- Cold oil is required. Make sure your butter is cold before baking; otherwise, it will melt and prevent the buns from obtaining their traditional layered appearance.
- Do not overwork or squeeze the dough. The dough will not rise as much and may become dense if you press or handle it too firmly.
- Blueberries that are frozen should be mixed right into the batter. They shouldn’t thaw to room temperature because that will make the tortillas mushy.
- Scones shouldn’t be overbaked. If the buns are overbaked, they’ll be dry. As soon as they start to become golden, take them out of the oven. For 23 minutes, I baked.
Amazing Copycat Starbucks Blueberry Scones: Simple Instructions
I want to add that the finished product was even tastier than the original Starbucks. After making these buns, you will regret having to share them. And what could be tastier than lovingly prepared, handmade cakes?)
Why Starbucks Blueberry Scone Recipe Is Necessary
- Why These buns are far less expensive than actual buns at Starbucks?
- You can indulge in them whenever you feel like it.
- They include a lot of blueberries.
- These buns are incredibly delicious and buttery and flaky!
This Starbucks Blueberry Scones Copycat Recipe’s Ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe for blueberry homemade scones are listed below. Remember to scroll down to the recipe card for accurate measurements of all the ingredients.
- 1 egg. Use a big, very cold egg; it will serve as our glue.
- ⅔ cup Heavy Cream – The heavy cream used in this recipe needs to be chilled.
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract. The addition of vanilla extract will enhance the flavor of this beverage.
- 2 cups AP Flour – This recipe works well using AP flour.
- ⅓ cup Imperial Sugar – Increases the buns’ sweetness.
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder – This baking powder will give our buns more height.
- ¼ teaspoon Salt. To maintain a balanced flavor, you should always add a little salt to your baked items.
- 5 tablespoon Butter – Use only extremely chilled butter for this.
- 1 cup blueberry.
- Pure sugar For the filling in these homemade blueberry muffins, use thick raw sugar.
Starbucks Blueberry Scones Copycat: Step-By-Step Useful Guide
Blueberry scones can be made in the following way. Scroll down to the recipe card for complete, in-depth instructions.
- Combine the heavy cream, vanilla, and egg in a bowl and put aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients (baking powder, flour, etc) in a bowl.
- Fold in the cold butter chopped with a pastry knife, fork, or your hands.
- The heavy cream mixture should be added to the flour mixture and stirred. Avoid overmixing.
- Stir in some blueberries.
- Pour the blueberry scones copycat recipe batter over the lightly dusted sugar, gently blot, and then shape into an 8″ diameter thick circle.
- Cut the dough into eight identical triangles.
- Place the buns on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, then freeze.
- Sprinkle sugar over heavy cream after brushing it with excess cream.
- Blueberry scones copycat recipe can be baked in a preheated oven, cooled, and then eaten.
How Can Blueberry Scones Be Made Soft And Flat?
By combining the ingredients at the proper temperature, buns that are soft and flaky can be produced. Because the ingredients for this dish need to be extremely cold, we use extremely cold butter, cold cream, and a chilly egg.
Using this method, you can put butter on top of the dough to produce crispy edges and a remarkably soft interior. Simply chill or freeze the blueberry scones dough for a few minutes before baking if it is still warm.
Starbucks Blueberry Scones Copycat: Variations
Fruit: Replace the blueberries in the recipe in a 1:1 ratio with any other fruit of your choosing. Strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are all OK.
Buttermilk: You can also substitute buttermilk for heavy cream in a recipe, but be aware that the texture and flavor will change. Therefore, in my opinion, use heavy cream to create a sensitive crumb.
What Is The Trick In Making Good Blueberry Scones?
To obtain lift, use freshly opened baking powder that hasn’t been opened more than six months ago.
- Icy butter. When baking, use cold butter without fail. A flaky texture is produced by cold butter. When making the dough, if the butter starts to warm up, put the dough in the freezer for 5–10 minutes. Continue cooking where you left off in the recipe once the oil has cooled down once more.
- Blueberry. Blueberries can be used fresh, frozen, or dried. The coffee shop utilizes dried blueberries. I prefer using fresh blueberries over dried ones since they blend well and have a more flavorful, more recent flavor.
Note: Frozen blueberries are not something I advise. When blended, they very quickly rupture, thus the recipe needs more water. As a result, the blue bun no longer has the same flavor or appearance.
Notes In Detail About Butter
When baking, butter is broken up into little pieces and combined with the dry ingredients. The butter is covered by flour. Oil creates steam in the oven, which causes flakes to form. Butter should not be larger than a pea.
Plenty of loose flour will be present. Although it can seem wrong, you want to accomplish this.
I’ve used both grated and diced butter when preparing buns. Butter cubes made the handless buns taste better. Too little grated butter allowed it to spread throughout the cakes.
Use your fingertips or a pastry knife while handling butter. The oil will cool more quickly if you create heat by using your entire hand. if the oil begins to soften. To resolidify this, place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. then go back to where you were.
Do Blueberry Scones Freeze Well?
Absolutely! There are two methods to freeze these tortillas, and they freeze extremely wonderfully.
- Prior to baking, freeze. They should first be divided into 8 pieces, then frozen until solid on a baking sheet coated with paper. For up to three months, store them in the freezer after transferring them to an airtight container. Bake them according to the directions when you’re ready. To properly bake them, you might need to increase the oven time by one or two minutes.
- Freeze baked scones: after baking, freeze. When the buns have cooled, you may freeze them for up to two months in an airtight container. When you’re ready to eat them, defrost them overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter.
How To Reheat And Keep Leftovers
Storage: You can keep leftovers at room temperature for up to three days in sealed containers wrapped in paper towels.
Reheat: Although buns are wonderful at room temperature, you can warm them in the oven or microwave if you prefer the heat. Unglazed blueberry scones should be warmed through for 5 to 8 minutes in a 350°F oven for the best results. They can also be warmed up in the microwave by covering them with a damp paper towel and cooking for 30 to 60 seconds.
How To Make Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones At Starbucks?
These Starbucks-impersonating blueberry buns may be made gluten-free by substituting 1:1 gluten-free baking flour for all-purpose flour. If you attempt it, please let me know in the comments section!
Use GF Bob’s Red Mill to convert this recipe to a gluten-free version. GF King Arthur 1:1 Flour Replacement or 1:1 Flour Replacement.
Otherwise, everything will remain the same – we use eggs, baking powder, milk, blueberries, etc.
- Calories 380 (1590 kJ)
- Sodium 350 mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate 54 g 18%
- Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
- Sugars 22 g
I tried these two recipes and was pleased with the result! I’ll tell you a secret, not all buns survived to cool down) the children dragged them from the kitchen while still warm.
In my opinion, the use of herbal yogurt is a great solution. I would happily bake this recipe again.
For those who want to follow the tradition – you can take a closer look at the classic recipe.
What gives them the appearance of copycat Starbucks blueberry scones?
I’ve eaten enough of Starbucks buns, and I think they’re the greatest! These biscuit-like, flaky, lemony buns are Starbucks knockoffs. Cane sugar, which we don’t use, is called for in many traditional bun recipes.
Can I substitute cow’s milk or buttermilk for oat milk?
Yes, you can use cow’s milk or buttermilk for the oat milk in this recipe. Eliminate the lemon juice from the tortilla portion of the recipe if you’re using buttermilk. Because you still need to produce the “buttermilk” if you use cow’s milk (2% or whole milk), omit the lemon juice.
How do I keep my copycat Starbucks blueberry scones moist?
The buns should not be overcooked or they will become dry. After baking, keep them moist for up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container lined with paper towels.
Can you use frozen blueberries?
The substitution of frozen blueberries for fresh ones should go well. Frozen blueberries can be added to the batter right from the freezer without having to be first defrosted.
How come my copycat Starbucks scones are flat?
The tortillas may be flat for a number of reasons, including the following:
(1) your butter wasn’t chilled when you sliced it into the flour and cooked the tortillas;
(2) you overstretched the dough when making the buns;
or (3) you didn’t add enough baking powder.
How much time do they last?
Scones can be kept for three days maximum. Put them in an airtight container after wrapping them in paper towels, and keep them at room temperature.
Do they sell Starbucks blueberry scones?
The menu at Starbucks is always changing. Blueberry pastries are a fad that comes and goes. The good news is that you may have blueberry muffins whenever you want with this recipe!
Are scones unhealthy for you?
Dairy products make up a large portion of the buns’ ingredients list. Dairy products are not in my opinion unhealthy, although I believe this concept is up to individual interpretation.
Can I veganize them?
It is possible to make these Starbucks scones vegan. But when I wrote this, I didn’t check the recipe. I advise using this recipe to create a vegan blueberry tortilla.
Whats in a blueberry scone at Starbucks?
Starbucks sells the original blueberry baked scones, which are made with milk, butter, dried blueberries, water, cornstarch, whole buttermilk, sugar, pasteurized sour cream, baking powder, and a few additions.
What kind of scones do they have at Starbucks?
The famous coffee house offers a wide range of pastries that will cheer you up on the rainiest day:
Scones & Muffins
Blueberry Starbucks scones,
Petite Vanilla Bean Scone,
and Pumpkin Muffin.
How much sugar is in a blueberry scone from Starbucks?
A blueberry bun contains about 22 g of sugar. This is not a fixed value as you can make buns with different proportions or even replace sugar with natural substitutes.
- Taro Lavender Latte: A Unique and Delicious Beverage - June 30, 2023
- What Does Pine Needle Tea Taste Like: Exploring the Flavors of Nature - June 21, 2023
- A Guide to Pumpkin Masala Latte: Discover the Spiced Delight - May 28, 2023