Chai latte matcha is an incredible combination. If you want to combine business with pleasure, then you should definitely try this drink. What’s more, blue Matcha latte can be made by yourself! Today I want to tell you about several options for preparing this amazingly delicious drink with an incredible blue color.
Moreover, I want to raise questions and discuss what blue matcha is and what its features are. I hope this post has a lot of useful information for you.
What is blue matcha and how is it different from green matcha?
There are many different opinions about this issue. Some argue that these two components are one and the same. But it’s not.
Note that traditional green matcha is essentially a traditional tea. For its production, the leaves of the plant Camellia Sinensis are used. The main feature of this component is what is used for its production and what preparation the tea leaves undergo.
Essentially, this green powder is nothing more than finely ground tea leaves. They are poured with hot water and consumed without straining the drink. These tea leaves contain caffeine but also have health benefits.
If you pay attention to the blue matcha, then it is worth noting that this component is made from the butterfly pea flower.
So blue matcha is butterfly pea flower powder.
For the manufacture of this component, the Clitoria Trifoliate plant is used. It is she who in the common people is called the butterfly pea flower. There are other names (for example, pigeon wings or blue peas), but it is the butterfly pea flower that is most often used.
The plant used to make butterfly pea flower powder is very beautiful and showy. During flowering, it is covered with incredibly blue flowers. Is flowers that are used as the main component to create butterfly pea flower powder. The floor is so fine that the structure of the powder resembles corn starch.
Butterfly pea flowers are not only beautiful flowers. An exceptional feature is that butterfly pea flowers can change color. Dried flowers react to the PH level. As a result, if you add citrus fruits, the drink will change color from blue to purple.
So, blue matcha is butterfly pea flower powder, which is produced by drying and grinding butterfly pea flowers. Unlike green matcha, blue matcha is caffeine-free, making it ideal for people who can’t drink caffeinated drinks.
- Butterfly pea flower tea secrets
- Blue lotus tea
- How to make rose hip tea
- How To Make Lychee Jelly For Bubble Tea
What is a blue matcha latte?
Having dealt with the difference between blue matcha and green matcha, we can move on to the question of what is a blue matcha latte.
This is a drink that is prepared on the basis of herbal decoction, not tea (after all, blue matcha is butterfly pea flowers, and this plant is not tea). In its preparation, foamed milk is also used.
This question should definitely be considered because some mistakenly believe that blue matcha latte is a special variety of green tea that has a bluish tint.
Is blue matcha a thing?
You will definitely love this drink! I admire it not only for its original and at the same time mild taste, but also for its aesthetic appearance and the ability to change color.
In addition, it is worth highlighting the following nuances:
- The drink is useful for those people who do not consume caffeine or monitor the amount of caffeine consumed. Blue Matcha Latte is caffeine-free.
- The drink is made very simply. For the simplest option, you only need water, frothed milk, and butterfly pea flower powder.
- The incredibly beautiful color of the drink. It’s a joy for the eyes!
- Health benefits.
What does a blue matcha latte taste like?
If you are a fan of green tea, then a blue matcha latte is perfect for you. The drink has a slightly earthy taste, which stands out with floral notes.
Please note that the natural blue matcha taste can be easily corrected by adding other ingredients such as favorite milk, vanilla extract, and sweeteners.
Is blue matcha good for you?
Many people ask themselves: is butterfly pea flower good for you? Butterfly pea flowers are a source of beneficial components that have positive health properties.
Some studies suggest that drinking blue matcha can have a positive effect on weight loss, healthy skin, and hair, and stabilize blood sugar levels. However, we do not have enough experience and data to recommend this drink for regular consumption.
Method 1: how to make blue matcha nutmeg latte
As I said above, to try this magical matcha tea, it is not at all necessary to go to a coffee shop. This can be done quickly at home. I suggest you try the blue matcha latte with nutmeg and honey. This option is characterized by moderate sweetness and a pleasant aroma.
Please note: the quantities shown are for one drink. In this case, the calorie content will be 192 kcal (fats 3 g / carbohydrates 41 g / protein 4 g).
Ingredients for matcha tea:
- Nutmeg – for one serving you will need ¼ teaspoon of this spice.
- Blue matcha powder – a small amount is enough – 1 teaspoon.
- Milk – for one serving you need ½ cup. I used regular cow’s milk in this recipe. But if necessary, you can replace it with any other. For example, you can take coconut milk, soy milk, etc.
- Honey – I suggest you add 2 tablespoons. At least that’s how much I use when preparing 1 serving of this drink. But you can adjust the amount of this component depending on the sweetness. You can also use other sweeteners such as maple syrup.
- Water – 1 glass.
Step 1: preparatory stage
You need to take a suitable container (saucepan) and add water there. After that, you need to add nutmeg and honey.
Step 2: boil
We put the pot with the ingredients on the fire. The liquid should boil. Don’t forget to stir during the process.
Step 3: Adding Blue Matcha Powder
After the hot water with honey and nutmeg boils, you can turn off the fire. Add blue matcha powder to the water.
Step 4: Prepare the milk
The milk needs to be warmed up a little. You can do this in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave. After that, the warm milk must be foamed. For this, I usually use a frother.
Step 5: shaping the drink
We take a glass (I recommend you take a transparent glass so that you can enjoy the beautiful color of the drink), pour tea into it, and then add warm milk.
Recommendations and tips for cooking matcha tea
This recipe uses milk. You can choose the kind of milk you like best.
A suitable temperature for brewing herbal tea is 212 degrees.
Adjust the sweetness of the drink by adding more or less honey.
Method 2: Making “mermaid matcha over ice”
If the previous recipe is too easy for you, try Mermaid Matcha Over Ice. In this case, layering is emphasized as both matcha blue and matcha green is used.
Ingredients for mermaid latte:
- Honey – one tablespoon is enough.
- Blue matcha powder – 1 teaspoon is sufficient. This component is also known as butterfly pea flower powder.
- Ice – best used in cubes.
- Milk – enough 1.5 cups. In this case, I used vanilla-flavored soy milk. But you can choose the type of milk (oat milk, almond milk, etc.)that you like best.
- Green matcha powder – 1 teaspoon is enough for this recipe.
Mermaid latte over ice step-by-step instructions
- Step 1: Take a glass (again I recommend you take a clear glass so you can see the beautiful color of the drink and its layers). Put ice cubes on the bottom of the glass.
- Step 2: Get a mixing bowl. In it, you need to mix well ½ cup of milk and honey.
- Step 3: Pour the frothed milk with honey into the glass over the ice.
- Step 4: Wash the mixing bowl. In it, you need to combine ½ cup of milk and blue matcha powder. Whisk the ingredients well.
- Step 5: Pour the blue matcha milk into the glass on top of the milk and honey.
- Step 6: Wash the mixing bowl again and prepare the third layer. Take the remaining half glass of milk and mix it with green matcha powder. Whisk until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Step 7: Slowly and carefully pour the third green layer on top of the blue one.
Enjoy the result and tastes delicious!
Recommendations and tips for blue matcha tea:
I recommend that you use a straw to drink.
If you want to make your drink even more spectacular, you can use whipped cream and fresh berries. Just make a spectacular topping of whipped cream and top it with a few blueberries.
If you wish, you can experiment with layering. For example, you can swap the layer – first place blue, then white, and last – green.
Method 3: Making blue matcha latte “Mood ring in a cup”
This option is suitable for those who want to see real magic – how a drink in a glass will change its color. This is a fantastic sight!
Please note: In this recipe, the ingredients are for 4 servings.
Ingredients for beautiful blue matcha latte:
- Water – in the amount of 6 glasses.
- Blue matcha powder (butterfly pea powder) in the amount of 4 teaspoons.
- Lemon – 1 unit (it must be cut into quarters – one quarter in each glass).
- Honey – in the amount of 3 teaspoons.
- Ice cubes.
Mood ring in a cup step-by-step instructions
Step 1: In a saucepan or other suitable container, bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
Step 2: After the water boils, remove it from the heat.
Step 3: Take our butterfly pea powder, and honey, and add them to the water. Using a spoon, mix the liquid well so that the powder is completely dissolved. After that, the blue matcha tea is set aside so that it cools down a bit.
Step 4: Take glasses and add ice cubes to them. After that, pour the slightly cooled blue matcha tea.
Step 5: to see the real magic (changing the color of the drink), just before drinking, take a slice of lemon and drip a few drops of lemon juice into a glass. As a result, a reaction occurs and you can see how the color changes in the shape of the moon ring.
Enjoy aesthetics and taste!
Recommendations and tips for a caffeine-free latte:
You can replace lemon wedges with freshly squeezed lemon juice. You will get the same result in changing the color of the drink. Add lemon juice and enjoy fantastic color transformations!
Despite the fact that the butterfly pea flower tea is known all over the world, many people find blue matcha powder to be difficult and time-consuming to make drinks. I hope that thanks to the instructions above, you will be able to try these incredible drinks. Be sure to share your experiences!
Does blue matcha latte contain caffeine?
There is no caffeine in blue matcha, but there is in green matcha. Blue matcha powder is not actually derived from the tea plant but rather is a herbal tea. The primary component is butterfly pea flower tea.
Can I drink blue matcha tea every day?
Drinking more than one glass of blue matcha tea per day is not encouraged for anyone, regardless of age. If you feel unwell after drinking the beverage, try cutting back.
- Taro Lavender Latte: A Unique and Delicious Beverage - June 30, 2023
- What Does Pine Needle Tea Taste Like: Exploring the Flavors of Nature - June 21, 2023
- A Guide to Pumpkin Masala Latte: Discover the Spiced Delight - May 28, 2023